HR Consulting - Maximize People Value - Minimize RiskDelivers business value in five targeted areas
- Mergers, Acquisitions
- HR 'Fitness' Assessment
- Sr Leader Development
- Next Gen Workforce Strategies
1+1 = 3. This equation is often used when describing a merger or an acquisition. The key principle behind buying a company is to create shareholder value over and above that of the sum of the two companies.
Labyrinth IP evaluates the target company using a 10 point review and assessment during due diligence:
- Deal Mechanics
- Employee Demographics
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Employee Learning and Development
- Recruiting Practices
- Policies and Procedures Comparison
- Compensation Practices
- HRIS systems
We reveal hidden risk factors – legal, benefits, compensation, financial, cultural key employees and skills, etc.
Transitions involve merging the target company into the acquiring company. Labyrinth IP will work closely with senior leaders to insure a smooth migration of compensation and benefits. We will also assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive communication plan to lessen the disruptive impact of the acquisition. In the event employees are not transitioned to the acquiring company, Labyrinth IP will prepare a thoughtful and compassionate approach for those employees at risk.
Labyrinth IP asks 13 key questions before developing and executing a transition plan:
- What caused the transition? Merger, acquisition, hostile takeover, new contract?
- What type of work will be performed in both companies?
- Who from the companies are involved (names, roles, contact information and org charts)?
- Where will the work be performed (all locations)?
- When will the contract/sale be awarded/completed?
- How many days did the company commit to transitioning the company/contract?
- How large is the company (# of employees and value of deal)?
- Who is the target company and what relationship exists (if any) with acquiring company)?
- What percentage of the targeted work force will be transitioning to acquiring company?
- Do we have any information on the targeted company’s benefits?
- Who are the key targeted company employees (roles, locations, compensation)?
- Are there ‘key personnel’ that need to be hired prior to award/sale? If so, who are they?
- What is the best way to communicate with the incumbent work force?
The HR Fitness Assessment is a twelve point assessment which provides valuable information to company leaders about the health of the organization.
Twelve Point Assessment:
- Leader demographics, assessment and interviews
- Employee demographics and select key employee interviews
- Organizational structure, layers and spans of control
- Operations, practices, culture, locations, work environment, morale
- Talent Acquisition
- Compensation Practices
- Benefits Offerings
- Employee Learning and Talent Development
- Employee Engagement & morale
- Employee awareness of business IQ (Products/services, history, mission, vision, purpose, strategy, etc.)
Senior leaders can count on Labyrinth IP to be your ‘trusted advisor’. Leaders need development, coaching and recognition just like everyone else. Reduce the chance of costly turnover, wasted productivity, infighting and dysfunctional behaviors.
- Develop a respected, credible and trusted advisor relationship with senior leaders
- Provide critical feedback at the executive level – coaching, assessing, evaluating, compensating and succession planning.
- Perform 360 evaluations with hands on coaching sessions.
Referee and mediate leader conflicts.
As the ‘Baby Boomer’ generation ages and begins you retire, you’d better be ready for ‘Gen X’ and the ‘Millenials’ – learn how to attract, hire, retain, evaluate and motivate or someone else will.
Labyrinth IP provides education and training on:
- Generational characteristics
- Recruiting implications
- Interviewing implications
- Closing candidates
- Diversity implications
- Appealing to values
- Outlook on work, ethics, authority and work-life balance
- Use of technology
- Clash points
- Performance management/feedback
- Use of social media